Thursday, March 13, 2008

What Next???????

It’s a question that has been haunting me for quite a while. Too many things cross my mind...
The more I think the hazier my future looks and I start feeling dizzy... ‘An idle brain is a devil’s workshop’? I don’t think so.... ;-)

To add to all this confusion the song I’m listening to right now couldn’t have been more appropriate: ‘Kya karoon kya na karoon yeh kaisi mushkil hai, koi toh batade iska hal o mere bhai!’ he he he

I didn’t get through Great Lakes :D and no... ironically I am not depressed or saddened, in fact I heaved a sigh of relief when I got the results ;). When I was preparing for gr8 lakes interview I thought perhaps if not Great Lakes then I would land in troubled waters. Not anymore... n I think I discovered a chronological pattern in my life which sort of points towards my future. Chronological... I always liked this word :-)

I was an intelligent child (I still am... the intelligent and the child part both are equally relevant even now!) n my mom felt it would be better if I start my education at the earliest. So I was just over two when I got enrolled into a school not very far from my home. It was a 5min walk from my place. After my nursery, I was put in another school, a much better one in fact, St. Ann’s High School which was around 10min away from home n Ibrahim bhai used to take me n the other chutkoos in his rik.

I finished my first grade n my summer holidays started but mama took some test or the other daily :-(. Why? Well, she had everything planned for me! n thought I had to change my school again and for that I had to get through the qualifying exam. Her pick was Rosary Convent High School n yep I did get the admission. Now this school was quite far n I had to take an auto rik for commuting which normally took around 30-40min.

After my schooling, it was time to choose the big one! Now this was in my hands... I being the typical me , I didn’t want to join any of the so called ‘rank-mill’ colleges that were in vogue! So I chose Little Flower Junior College. College was fun, but the journey was quite taxing. It took almost an hour to reach college. The next step was undoubtedly engineering n I always felt relieved that almost all the good colleges were in my back yard :D n that I wouldn’t have to travel far from then on! But as luck would have it, I got a seat in SNIST which was in this other village :-( n very far from home. It took two buses and a one n a half hour bus ride to reach college. Four years of endless travel came to an end when I got placed in Cognizant.

Cognizant – CHENNAI as I came to knw later :’( I had to go to a land far far away from home… n took almost 12hrs of train ride. Two gruelling years at humid Chennai haven’t dampened my spirits… Infact I’ve got some very fond memories…

Finally, here I am back to square one.. at my home, n looking to embark upon a new ride!

Now the pattern :-D
First the distance 5min, 10min, 30min, 1hr, 1.5hrs, 12hrs…. What NEXT?
Second the mode of travel walk, rik, auto rik, bus, train…. What NEXT?
Third n final the place galli, colony, area, district, state…. WHAT NEXT????

You must’ve figured it by now…. :-P

8 comments:

D said...

awesome post bhavana!!!!!!!!!!! I love you >:D<

nandhini said...

I Love you too!!! >:D<

this calls for gtalk! ;-)

D said...

gtalk ?? pls decode

Anonymous said...

Bhavs,

I know whats next :-)

its miles+ flight + country :-)

urs deeeps

Raj said...

@ Divya >>>:D<<<

@ Nandu gtalk anytime!!!! ;-)
n therz nothing to decode D... :D

Pavan Pudipeddi said...

it made me to drift through my past to find if there is any connection so that i can get an idea of my future too :)
interestin...

tomdickharry said...

loved it, keep this stuff going. churn one such post as often as u can....

cant wait to see you here

nandhini said...

now you know.... >:D<